Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Play blanket

The Rems is really into touching and the color red as of late. So I decided to make him a little play blanket to bring back and forth from play dates and what not. But I am really still bad news bears with sewing so I decided a tie blanket was more my speed. As I got to thinking about it I decided a regular old tie blanket is kinda lame. So I made a tie blanket quilt! I cut out 5 squares of a bright bold pattern and 4 of a solid color. I cut the edges of each square as if they where their own little tie blankets. Tied 3 together and then the 3 rows together. I took the remaining of the solid and used it as the backing, attaching it as you would a normal tie blanket! Took about an episode of Glee and Chopped minus all commercials. I think it came out awesome (not to toot my own horn or anything!) oh and make sure after finishing each row of knots you pull the fabric so it doesn't bunch up in the middle of your squares. Easy, fun and totally custom to your little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment